The K5-LX sintered compound is optimal for striving pro level off-road racers who demand great braking performance and pad life. It is recommended for off-road riders who are looking for a competitive edge and great stopping power.
The K5-LX series is designed for low abrasive interaction with the rotor, long life and self-cleaning capabilities necessary for off-road riding conditions. Additionally, the K5-LX rear brake pads feature a stainless-steel heat shield for thermal isolation.
Friction materials contain metal-ceramic with a very sophisticated bronze-graphite and a full-metal formulation with fine friction particles to achieve optimal friction properties.
- High static friction coefficient
- Good abrasive resistance
- Thermal stability up to 500°C, and even up to 750°C over a short term
- Self cleaning capability
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Three(3) times +/- longer operational life compared to organic and Kevlar composite materials
RANGE OF APPLICATION:
- Developed for high level and demanding off-road riders
- On off-road bikes and ATV
- Can be used on both front and rear brakes
- When using on front brakes, there could be higher abrasion on the pads
- K5-LX is used by motocross and enduro riders on world championships
MATERIAL OPERATING PARAMETERS:
- Specific pressure: P < 2.0 Mpa
- Sliding velocity: V < 20 m.s-1
- Constant maximum temp: 500°C
- Short time maximum temp.: 750°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel disks
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ABOUT GOLDFREN BRAKE PADS
- All the GOLDfren brake pads are made with sintered metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials
- Sintered brake pads offer no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions
- Sintered brake pads provide superior stopping power and longer life compared to other brake pad types such as: carbon organic, organic, or semi-metallic organic
- Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperatures and pressure using a pressed powdered-metal technology
- GOLDfren is a pioneer in sintering, using advanced and progressive powder metallurgy methods
- Designed for both wet and dry applications
- Sintered brake pads deliver exceptional braking performance and durability under the most demanding conditions
- All the materials used are lead and asbestos free
- GOLDfren® is the brand for high-end quality aftermarket performance disc brakes
- Compound series available are: AD, S3, K1, K5, K5-LX, S33, GP5, GP6, PG7
- Application of each compound is based on our brake pad application chart or the rider's preference and riding style
- The sintered friction material is soldered to the copper lined steel backing plate, hence, separation (which can happen with organic pads) is virtually impossible
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean conditions and preferably by a professionally qualified person. If the friction material comes in contact with oil or brake fluid and the liquid soaks into the pores of the friction material, a catastrophic decrease in friction coefficient (braking performance) could occur
- Please beware that sintered brake pads require a bed-in period after installation. Allow some extra braking distance during the bed-in period. For more information on bedding your brake pads see our FAQs page #6
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the quality of the braking surface of the Disc rotor; also by the age and quality of the brake fluid, and by the correct choice of complementary type of brake pad
- To achieve the perfect brake effect, we recommend using GOLDfren brake pads in conjunction with GOLDfren rotors and brake lines because of its excellent quality common friction properties
- Brake with the GOLDfren products!
Braking effects are affected by a range of factors:
The condition and age of the brake fluid; the condition of the brake caliper; the condition and quality of the brake lines; the condition of the brake disc....